I am progressing through both the RS & SP CoD’s Bootcamps from INE and jotting down both key points from both and my own notes/observations. I am going through both as the SP CoD assumes RS knowledge so stuff like OSPF/Systems Management which are on the Lab are not covered in the CoD’s
IEATC – Section 1:
- Not all features listed in SP Blueprint are supported by IOS Versions
- Be aware of commands that have changed syntax or removed from IOS – this is key – I have experienced this in my SP Lab.
- Mis-documentation, incomplete documentation and no documentation e.g. Internet Access
- Master the locations of UniverCD –note blog post by INE -> http://blog.ine.com/2008/12/08/doc-cd/
- Don’t forget the TechNotes, Design Guides, RFC’s as well as command references and configuration guides
- Build and Verify, Build and Verify, Build and Verify
- 15 points per hour leaving 90 minutes for verification
- Make a points table with tasks & values for each major section – gives you a framework for the day
- SecureCRT for all devices individual icons on desktop, notepad, calculator, UniverCD
- Do NOT get bogged down on 3 point topic move on!
- SP Lab is hierarchical not compartmental – difficult to skip sections.
- In my opinion you must complete all L2, L3, MPLS & TE, Security, QoS & Systems Management before lunch. Why?
- Because you will need time to complete the MPLS VPN Section [20-30 points] & Multicast in the afternoon.
- End to end test can be accomplished if Internet Access question asked which may traverse the internetwork.
- Ethernet Switching – all preconfigured – some tickets placed in lab, troubleshoot same, all VTP, VLAN’s pre-defined.
- Frame Relay all pre-configured – make sure every working fine, watch dynamic mappings, troubleshoot.
- PPP supports authentication [PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP], multilinking & routing, know virtual templates, PPPoE [dialin & client] – Watch IOS!!!!! e.g. http://blog.ine.com/2008/01/20/example-configurations-for-ppp-over-ethernet-pppoe/
- Note that even Brian Dennis struggled to demonstrate this feature in the training video – Here are some IEWB-SP customers experiencing a similar issue -> http://ieoc.com/forums/p/4514/14608.aspx#14608